Only 3,000 GPs will be built at the Mini plant in Oxford, England. 59 JCW GPs are earmarked for the Canadian market and will begin arriving in the second quarter of 2020 with an MSRP of $51,990 CAD. All Mini Cooper JCW GPs are finished in exclusive Racing Grey Metallic with roof and exterior mirror caps finished in Melting Silver metallic.
2020 Mini John Cooper Works GP highlights include:
• 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine with reinforced crankshaft with enlarged main bearing diameter, specific pistons, bushless connecting rods and a new torsional vibration damper.
• Newly developed MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology, fully variable valve control, double VANOS camshaft control and direct injection (up to 350 bar)
• Output of 301 hp from 5,000–6,250 rpm which is 75 hp more output than the MINI John Cooper Works.
• Maximum torque of 331 ft-lb from 1,750–4,500 rpm.
• Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.2 seconds
• Top speed is 265 km/h (165 mph)
• Racing-spec oil supply, high-capacity oil sump and optimized cooling system with twin external coolant heat exchangers and a separate transmission cooling circuit.
• High-performance sports exhaust system.
• 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with electronic gear shifter, steering wheel shift paddles and integrated Torsen limited-slip differential.
• Specially tuned chassis set-up with track width increased and suspension lowered by 10 mm compared to the MINI John Cooper Works model.
• Dynamic Stability Control system with GP mode (specific GP instrument display when activated.)
• High-performance sports brake system with 360 × 30 mm ventilated front discs.
• 18-inch lightweight forged wheels with 225/35 R18 Hankook performance tires.
• Exclusive GP front and rear aprons.
• Roof spoiler with double-wing contour.
• Large flared carbon wheel arch covers.
• Racing-inspired, functional cockpit with two leather JCW Sport Seats and reduced acoustic insulation.
• Connected Navigation Plus with 8.8-inch colour screen, telephony and wireless charging.
• Advanced Real Time Traffic Information (ARTTI)
• Anthracite Roof Liner
• Dynamic Cruise Control
No additional options are offered. or available.
The 2020 John Cooper Works GP adds to a racing tradition that is closely linked to the name of the legendary Formula 1 designer John Cooper since the debut of the classic Mini 60 years ago. Its racing highlights includes the first Mini Cooper winning the British Touring Car Championship to the three overall victories in the Monte Carlo Rally.