“…a proper weapon… unbearably fast… terrifyingly fast.”Sam Fane, Founder and Star, Seen Through Glass
When Sam Fane (SeenThroughGlass) first plants himself in the quintessentially loud, orange on orange Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spyder, he admits that he would sooner drive a Ferrari or a Porsche than a Lamborghini. The Huracan’s low, compact design doesn’t quite suit his height, and Lamborghini’s average decibel level and ostentatious looks attract too much attention.
However, the longer he spends in the driver’s seat, or cockpit–Sam describes the interior highly reminiscent of a fighter jet–the wider his smile grows.
- Incredible to drive with an insane soundtrack;
- Beautiful to behold, with an interior that makes the driver feel like he’s piloting a fighter jet;
- In Strada mode (the tamest of three drive modes: Strada, Sport and Corsa) the exhaust closes and the Huracan, especially with top retracted, becomes “the ultimate town cruiser,” or lifestyle car;
- The four-wheel drive, largely shared with Audi, provides “endless grip in corners and the ability to… power on whenever you like;”
- It’s Fast. Sam’s words: “This car is no joke. It is not a poser car. It is a proper weapon. And it feels unbearably fast. I mean terrifyingly fast,” especially when in Corsa mode.
- Low, compact size makes the Huracan Spyder less comfortable for taller occupants. The top of the windshield partially obscured Sam’s vision;
- As with all new Lamborghinis, the Huracan Spyder uses Lamborghini’s Dynamic Steering. Sam notes that this sometimes feels “a bit unnatural” and “takes some getting used to.” On occasion, the system acts as the driver may not want or expect;
- Also in common with all Lamborghinis, the Huracan Spyder has the quintessential Lamborghini ostentatious design, drawing much attention. For some, this could be a positive. We put it here because Sam considers it a negative;
- Huracan Spyder’s low profile usually requires the driver to engage ‘vehicle lift’ to avoid scraping the bumper.
175.6 in / 4,460 mm
75.7 in / 1,923 mm
103.1 in / 2,619 mm
3,650 lbs / 1,656 kgs
Awesome car. Phenomenal performance and incredible soundtrack if you can handle the price (about CAD 290,000 in Canada / USD 267,000 in the U.S.) and attention. If you want a very similar experience for about CAD 70,000 (USD 50,000) less, consider the Audi R8 V10+ Spyder.
PHOTOGRAPHS and VIDEOS © Copyright 2016 TrackWorthy Group Ltd.