The 2019 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship Presented By Pirelli will get underway in May at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park near Bowmanville, Ontario. The CTCC race calendar is comprised of six race weekend at some of the most challenging race tracks in Canada. Each race weekend will feature two races resulting in a twelve race championship series. For 2019 the CTCC has a new class structure comprised of four classes:
1) TC: The entry-level class allows beginners an affordable opportunity to go racing. In this class, only minor car modifications are allowed.
2) TCR: Is a new spec class for TCR models from all participating manufacturers. No modifications are allowed in order to comply with TCR spec regulations.
3) GT Sport: Is the category for sports cars with advanced suspension and aerodynamic modifications.
4) GT Cup: Is the category for ultra performance sports cars.
To launch the season, the CTCC is participating at the Canadian International AutoShow at the Metro Toronto Convention Center from February 15–24. Championship cars will be on display at the CTCC booth and in participating manufacturer’s booths as well. Spot at least 3 of those CTCC race cars and get a chance to win a pair of tickets to the first event at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park during the Castrol Victoria Day SpeedFest.
2019 Canadian Touring Car Championship Schedule
1) May 17-19 / Rounds 1 and 2 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ON.
2) June 1-2/ Rounds 3 and 4 at Calabogie Motorsports Park, Calabogie, ON.
3) June 29-30 / Rounds 5 and 6 Shannonville Motorsport Park, Shannonville, ON.
4) July 13 / Rounds 7 and 8 at Circuit ICAR, Mirabel, QC.
5) August 9-11 / Rounds 9 and 10 Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières, Trois-Rivières, QC.
6) August 24-25 / Rounds 11 and 12 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, ON.
The Canadian Touring Car Championship was created in 2006 and is one of the longest running professional race car series in Canada.