“…an incredible fast machine that is a perfect fit to lead the 500 field to the green flag.” J. Douglas Boles, President, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The Corvette ZR1 Pace Car can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 96 km/h) in just 2.85 seconds and reach a top track speed of 212 mph (341 km/h), the fastest Corvette in history.
“Chevrolet is proud to once again pace the Indianapolis 500,” said Steve Majoros, marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “The ZR1 is the most powerful and fastest Corvette ever made. It’s the perfect choice to pace ‘The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.’”
Chevrolet has a storied history with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Chevrolet was founded in 1911, the year of the inaugural 500-mile race, and company cofounder Louis Chevrolet, along with brothers Arthur and Gaston, competed in early Indy 500 races. Arthur Chevrolet competed in the 1911 race, and Gaston Chevrolet won it in 1920.
“Chevrolet and IMS enjoy one of the longest-running and strongest bonds in motorsports,” said J. Douglas Boles, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president. “Seeing all of the incredible Corvettes that have paced the Indianapolis 500 on the track today is an exciting reminder of the rich history of this great relationship. This year’s Pace Car, the 2019 Corvette ZR1, is an incredible fast machine that is a perfect fit to lead the 500 field to the green flag.”
Chevrolet is pursuing its seventh consecutive IndyCar manufacturer championship this year, building on a successful 2017 season that saw 10 wins out of 17 races.
The 2019 Corvette ZR1 Pace Car features:
- LT5 Small Block 6.2L supercharged V-8 engine with 755 hp and 715 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed 8L90 paddle-shift automatic transmission
- ZTK Performance Package featuring a stanchion-mounted adjustable carbon-fiber high rear wing, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and performance suspension
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake system
- ZR1 chrome-aluminum wheels, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear
- Standard Performance Traction Management and Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Unique Indy 500 graphics package
- GM Design fully integrated safety strobe system
- Performance Data and Video Recorder