The 2019 Corvette is going to be available in a special edition Drivers Series Grand Sport to honour four winning Corvette race car drivers. It will be available in these distinct appearances:
1) Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue exterior with silver stripes and red hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red seat belts.
2) Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray exterior with Torch Red center stripe and Torch Red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red brake calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red seat belts.
3) Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White exterior with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior with red seat belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
4) Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow exterior with “Jake” stinger stripe, red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each edition receives a driver-specific interior plaque and other unique trim details, and models with the 3LT trim include carbon fiber interior trim.
“Customers can select the version of their favorite Corvette Racing driver or simply choose the one with the color and graphics that appeals the most to them,” said Majoros. “And like the drivers they represent, each special edition is a winner.”
Similar to the Corvette Racing C7.R race cars, the Grand Sport-based Drivers Series models feature a naturally aspirated V-8 engine. The 6.2L LT1 engine generates 460 hp and, similar to the race cars, features a dry-sump oiling system designed to support high-performance track driving.
- Wide fenders and rear quarter panels that accommodate large 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch rear wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires.
- Functional brake ducts and enhanced cooling package.
- Brembo brake system with 14.6-inch (370 mm) rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch (365 mm) rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear.
- Magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position Driver Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment.
- Available Z07 package adds larger carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede upper interior trim included on 3LT.
The Corvette Drivers Series packages are available this spring and have an additional MSRP of USD $4,995 for 1LT and 2LT trims and USD $5,995 for the 3LT trim.
Since 1999, Corvette Racing has won 99 races in IMSA competition. That’s the most of any professional sports car racing team based in North America.